Sunday, December 8, 2013

Anchorman 2 Adam McKay Will Ferrell interview

NEW YORK - Adam McKay still has the improvising chops that made him a Second City standout, but now he's doing his work with microphone in hand, video monitors arrayed in front of him and fellow funny guys Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and David Koechner in the next room in bandages, slings and, in Carell's case, a dog cone over his head. "I can't scratch my cut anymore," McKay suggests as a line for Carell, whose "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" character, Brick Tamland, has just survived a Winnebago rollover with his fellow news teammates. Apatow says he first saw McKay improvising with the UCB, and when in an unrelated conversation more than a year ago I was asking Apatow about Melissa McCarthy, the "Bridesmaids" producer said, "I really thought this is the funniest person I've met since Adam McKay. And no one on earth is funnier than Adam McKay....They are the fastest on-their-feet improvisers I have ever seen." "He is certainly one of the most effortlessly hysterical people I've ever had a conversation with," agrees Scott Adsit, who worked with McKay on Second City's mainstage before going on to play Pete Hornberger on fellow Second City alum Tina Fey's NBC show "30 Rock.". McKay proceeded to tear into Carell for his poor improvisation skills, Carell broke down and cried, and the audience, not in on the joke, was appalled and alienated.
Source: CHICAGO TRIBUNE


Swirl >>

Earlyseason cold grips Chicago area snow possible later today - CHICAGO TRIBUNE
No 89 the epitome of Chicago and the Bears - CHICAGO TRIBUNE
Couple to turn Disneys Chicago home into museum - CNBC NEWS
Chicago bar removes offensive Pearl Harbor Day sign - UPI

No comments:

Post a Comment